Saturday, April 22, 2006

Pray For The Voice?

NYO - Off the Record
I have to thank Chuck Eddy for getting me on the Pazz & Jop ballot. After reading his excellent book, Accidental Evolution of Rock 'n' Roll, I found his email and told him that I'm a freelance internet writer and would be interested in voting. Sure enough, he sent me a ballot. At the Village Voice, he started a Singles column, but then shifted to a weekly album column. They were both good, and for guilty pleasure fans like me it was always a thrill to see an act get mentioned that no other major music writer would praise (e.g. Rick Springfield). He's too good a writer to not get another gig. I'm hoping he writes or updates his two books (the other is on the best Heavy Metal albums). The Voice's lost could be our gain, if Eddy gets to writing more than he did at the Voice. Either way it goes, I wish him luck.
Add to Technorati Favorites