2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Predictions
Top 6 listed in alphabetical order:
4. Sting - So hard to pick against his name recognition, and I've gone back and forth on this more than any other act. But maybe, just maybe, this is that rare moment when a solo act from a legendary group gets passed over. Happened twice to Lou Reed over a decade ago.
7. Spinners - Not favoritism, but an honest pick. I actually think they have a chance this year. Maybe too much to ask for on their 2nd try, though. Okay, a little bit of favoritism.
8. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - She had some great moments at the 2014 induction ceremony. And lack of female nominees could also work in her favor.
9. Marvelettes - Not sure if the Motown magic will rub off on them. They are certainly the most underrated group from Motown's golden 60's.
10. N.W.A. - No matter how badly the NomCom wants them, I keep thinking they are always a few votes shy.
11. Smiths - 80's Indie Rock legends. Sold a lot of records in England, but in the U.S. they were more influential, rather than big sellers.
12. War - Check out some of their early 70's albums to get an idea how original they were. But most voters will probably think they only had a few good singles.
13. Nine Inch Nails - Probably have them too far down this list. If voters like new names on the ballot, then Trent Reznor could pick up quite a few votes on his first try.