Friday, May 16, 2008

I'm Getting Older

Did you know that "More Than A Feeling" is now considered an Adult Contemporary song? This was news to me until I heard it on my local AC station. Should we be surprised when we hear Classic rock songs on AC channels? The core audience of for AC are over 50. If a 55 year old heard Boston in 1976 they would've been 23. A perfect age for the then booming FM rock stations. I wanted to find a playlist for this station to see if they are playing any other classic rock songs, but their website didn't have one. So, I went to a San Francisco one looking for Boston or something similar and came away with nothing. They did play "Brick House". Is that now an AC song? But outside of REO Speedwagon's "Take It On The Run", which gets played on my local Classic Rock station or "Hurts So Good", nothing stood out. Now, I doubt that "Carry On My Wayward Son" gets played AC, but I could be wrong. As those songs age, so do its first listeners.
Add to Technorati Favorites