Thursday, November 06, 2008

How I Like My Lucinda

I still like my Lucinda Williams in the romantic dumps department. I just think she writes better songs when her love life isn't so great. And I don't buy her when she's so positive about a relationship. So the news that Little Honey would be uptempo and uplifting wasn't what I was waiting for. It turns out that only half of this album is like that, and the rest, barring an AC/DC cover is good old Lucinda doing what she does best. Qrenching, why did you mess with my heart albums. You hate to wish bad love on anybody, but with Lucinda it does her art much good. And I know some people are glad for the big uptempo songs here, which are 2 of her best by the way, "Real Love" and the adult only title track, but I have my own preferences.
Add to Technorati Favorites