Sunday, February 15, 2009

American Idol 2009

This will be a 2 part post, the second coming near the end of the 2009 season. So far, despite the addition of a 4th judge and the promise of "tweaks" to spruce up the show, I've seen nothing different this year than in the past. Oh, by the way I watch this show every week. Should I turn in my rock critic credentials? It's entertainment, and we might get the next Carrie or Kelly from this batch. Admittedly, the hit to misses ratio has gotten wider. Most of these who finish Top 10 will fade into oblivion. The music biz needs Idol to succeed. So, no matter how irrelevant music critics say the show is, I'm not one of them. There are good vocalists here, but that never meant they would go on to chart heights. You just hope for one or two breakthroughs. And the industry needs all the help it can get.
Add to Technorati Favorites