Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A.I.E.N.D. (The Thank God Post)

I get to write this before the finale of this year's American Idol. I hope Crystal doesn't win. I don't think she cares if she does. She'll do better without the crown. Poor old Lee is a frightening cross between Kris Allen and Taylor Hicks. Just the type of down home, guy next door, that voters always fall for. Like they did with Hicks and Allen.
But this was a crappy season. I've already talked about the awful judges. Even Simon went through the motions. Now he'll be gone and who will watch in 2011? I'm not saying I won't, but only if the talent is better.
Viewers got the message early about this AI crew. Each week they tuned in less. Crystal was the fave from the start, but the judges got tired of her consistency. So, they jumped on the Lee train. And the song choices this year. How many times do you say to yourself, "with so many songs to choose from, why do they pick the same ones every year"?
Again, let me make this clear, I hope Crystal does not win, and the bland Lee does. Besides, he wanted it more than her. She can't wait to get out on her own, away from having to do those stupid group songs on Wednesday, and maybe having a career as a travelling Guitar playing troubadour. Lee, well, poor Lee, will fade into obscurity.
Oh, and don't get me started on King Pompous Show Host himself.
Add to Technorati Favorites