Saturday, July 30, 2011

Crazy Hall Names

Man, I can't wait until the Fall when the new Rock Hall nominees are announced.  Why?  Because in the month of July I saw some of the craziest names suggested for induction:
Nancy Sinatra, Joe South, Bobby Vee, Paul Anka, Big Daddy Kane.  None of these are Hall worthy.  So why are we wasting time talking about them?

The only interesting name I saw was Todd Rundgren.  He'd be a better shot at that Leon Russell Musical Excellence thing the Hall made up.  A lot of solo records, and group ones with Nazz and Utopia, but I think his overall package as Producer and performer is better than as a  performer.

Here's one for the "I Can't believe they aren't in?" category:  The Neville Brothers
As much a New Orleans institution as Dr. John.  I bet if nominated they'd go in first ballot.  They'd get a big artist vote because of Aaron Neville.  And just enough critics to sail in right away.
But they've never been nominated, and seem to have been passed over for Dr. John.
Let's talk about them.
Add to Technorati Favorites