Thursday, December 01, 2011

MTV Book

I Want My MTV  by Rob Tannenbaum and Craig Marks  is a book I recommend, but not so much for those who were there went it first launched.  By now most of us who watched from the start know the history of the channel. If your a newbie than this is a good history lesson.
But you see, I was watching almost from the beginning.  Luckily I didn't have to wait for my MTV.  My cable system didn't get it immediately, but did get it a year later, when MTV started to find its footing, and more videos were being made.
The book rightly ends in 1992 when Real World comes along, is a hit, and MTV begins to snub its nose at the product that made its name.
Now, those of us from the early days of MTV only tune in when they have their video or music awards show.  Otherwise, we are flipping by the channel seeing if anything musical is on.   And then we move on.
Add to Technorati Favorites