Thursday, February 05, 2015

Dad, 7 Years Later

My Dad had a collection of 8-track tapes.  All were from late 60's/early 70's.  One of those was The Sea by the San Sebastian Strings, written and narrated by Rod McKuen.  You can find the whole thing on You Tube.  It was as advertised.  McKuen reading his poetry over an orchestra of ocean sounds and instruments.  What's interesting about this title that my Dad brought was how different it was to the other titles.  Mostly Country & Pop records.  And, no, my Dad was not into the mellow New Age vibes of that era.

Seven years ago today my Dad passed away.  I think about him everyday, and when McKuen died last week his eclectic  LP collection that inspired my listening tastes brought back good memories.

Those are the little things that about him that brighten my day.  I think he'd get a kick out me remembering that odd McKuen record.
Add to Technorati Favorites