Sunday, August 26, 2018

Remembering My Sister (Linda Louise Lane)

One of the earliest memories I have of hearing music came from my sister's bedroom in the mid to late-60's.  She was barely 10, and I was 5 years younger.  But she either had the radio tuned to an AM Top 40 station, or she was playing a 45 (and sometimes an album) she had on her turntable.  As the 60's rolled along her tastes remained with Top 40 Pop.  It was during these years that I heard the Beatles, Elvis Presley, Monkees, Tom Jones and many more. The early 70's she went from Teen Idols, Motown, Philly Soul, Carpenters, Elton John and many One-Hit Wonders.  When she reached her High School years in the late-70's there was the Eagles, Michael Jackson's Off the Wall, Disco, future Classic Rock artists and lots of 8-track tapes. 

Much like my Dad's LP collection of Country and Pop music, my sister's listening habits had a profound mark on the eclectic taste in music I have today.

My Sister, Linda Louise Lane, passed away on August 24, 2018.  She was only 59 years old.  There are many things I wanted to thank her for when she was alive.  But never got the chance.  Life is short and fleeting sometimes.  What I've written above may seem trivial, especially if you knew about her hard life.  But it's the best I could do for her.  I hope she reads this with a smile.  And with love from her brother.
Add to Technorati Favorites