Saturday, June 08, 2019

Best Burt Bacharach Songs Poll

This was a fun poll to vote in.  List your Top 30 Burt Bacharach-written songs.  And I hope you believe like I do (and you should) that Bacharach/Hal David belong in the Rock Hall.  And Dionne Warwick too.  Their influence stretched beyond Pop music into R&B and Rock acts.

My Bacharach Top 30.

1.  Walk On By - Dionne Warwick
2.  Don't Make Me Over - Dionne Warwick
3.  Look Of Love - Dusty Springfield
4.  Anyone Who Had A Heart - Dionne Warwick
5.  Baby It's You - Shirelles
6.  House Is Not A Home - Luther Vandross
7.  I Say A Little Prayer - Aretha Franklin or Dionne Warwick (tie)
8.  What The World Needs Now - Jackie DeShannon
9.  Make It Easy On Yourself - Jerry Butler
10.  This Guy's In Love With You - Herb Alpert
11.  My Little Red Book - Love
12.  Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head - B.J. Thomas
13.  Only Love Can Break A Heart - Gene Pitney
14.  Wishin' and Hopin' - Dusty Springfield
15.  One Less Bell To Answer - 5th Dimension
16.  Alfie - Dionne Warwick
17.  On My Own - Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald
18.  I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself - Dusty Springfield
19.  Any Day Now - Chuck Jackson
20.  What's New Pussycat - Tom Jones
21.  I'll Never Fall In Love Again - Dionne Warwick
22.  Promises, Promises - Dionne Warwick
23.  Always Something There To Remind Me - Naked Eyes
24.  Close To You - Carpenters
25.  That's What Friends Are For - Dionne Warwick & Friends
26.  Man Who Shot Liberty Valance - Gene Pitney
27.  You'll Never Get To Heaven - Stylistics
28.  Arthur's Theme - Christopher Cross
29.  Reach Out For Me - Dionne Warwick
30.  Do You Know The Way To San Jose - Dionne Warwick
Add to Technorati Favorites