Sunday, August 25, 2019

Motown at 60

This year marks the 60th anniversary of the founding of Motown.  Hitsville: Making of Motown is a 2019 documentary that tells the story of Berry Gordy's vision in a breezy, efficient 2 hours.

So, this is a good time for me to once again post my Top 50 Motown songs, from a poll I voted on in 2013. 

1.  Temptations - My Girl
2.  Miracles - Tracks Of My Tears
3.  Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
4.  Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
5.  Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
6.  Supremes - Stop In The Name Of Love
7.  Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't No Mountain High Enough
8.  Martha & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
9.  Stevie Wonder - Superstitious
10. Jr. Walker & The All Stars - Shotgun
11. Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes of the Brokenhearted
12. Miracles - Ooh Baby Baby
13. Marvin Gaye - What's Going On
14.  Marvelettes - Please Mr. Postman
15.  Edwin Starr - War
16.  Contours - Do You Love Me
17.  Stevie Wonder - Signed, Sealed, Delivered
18.  Mary Wells - My Guy
19.  Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way
20.  Jackson 5 - I'll Be There
21.  Undisputed Truth - Smiling Faces Sometimes
22.  Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
23.  Barrett Strong - Money
24.   Miracles - Tears of A Clown
25.  Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
26.  Commodores- Easy
27.   Stevie Wonder -I Was Made To Love Her
28.  Temptations - Ain't Too Proud To Beg
29.  Miracles - I Second That Emotion
30. Four Tops - Baby I Need Your Loving
31. Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
32. Stevie Wonder - My Cherie Amour
33 .Temptations & Supremes - I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
34. Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'
35. Jackson 5 - ABC
36. Stevie Wonder - Uptight
37. Rick James - Super Freak
38. Temptations - Just My Imagination
39. Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine
40. Four Tops - Bernadette
41. Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
42. Commodores - Brick House
43. Diana Ross - Love Hangover
44. Gladys Knight & The Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
45. Spinners - It's A Shame
46. Teena Marie - Square Biz
47. Martha & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street
48. David Ruffin - Walk Away From Love
49. Lionel Richie - All Night Long
50. Debarge - I Like It


Add to Technorati Favorites