Friday, January 01, 2021

An Album/Song A Week: "Eight Days A Week" - Beatles

What is the first song you remember hearing?  I was born in 1964, my sister in 1959.  Beatlemania was just taking off in 1964.  And my sister was caught up in it.  She had a few Beatles album.  1965's Beatles VI was one of those.  It was released in the summer of '65, but she definitely played it past 1965.  The album had four new songs and previously released songs. "Eight Days A Week" was one of those previously released songs first released in Britain in 1964.  

Many don't consider it as top tier early Beatles material.  Too simplistic? Possibly.  But that's what must have caught my very young ears.  Easy to remember with a catchy chorus that clocks in under 3 minutes.  This was the Beatles appeal to youngsters like my sister and millions of others who were already under their spell.  
  
Add to Technorati Favorites