Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Songs Still Missing From Spotify (Updated 2024)

Updated March 2024

Since I posted this in March 2017, I've slowly been able to delete some titles.  But the rest of the songs listed below are still missing on digital streaming sites. Some of these have popped up on Spotify, but then disappeared. Okay, you can find them on YouTube, but in my world of Playlists, Spotify is king. Or maybe Amazon Music or Apple is your King.  Either way, outside of Garth Brooks whose music is on Amazon, none of these are on Spotify, Amazon or Apple.  

If they ever show up, they'll appear on my Tracks Of My Life playlist. That playlist contains songs, some popular, others more obscure, that have meant something to me at one point or another in my life.  These titles below are pretty obscure, but did chart at one point. And my playlist has to contain the original recordings.  No remakes.

This list will continue to be updated as I find more missing songs, or these end up on Spotify.

Missing from Spotify:

Alexander O'Neal - s/t Debut Album (#92 Pop, #21 R&B, 1985)
Bell & James - Livin' It Up (#15 Pop, #7 R&B, 1979)
Chairmen of the Board -  Give Me Just A Little More Time (#3 Pop, #8 R&B, 1970)
Funkadelic - Knee Deep (#1 R&B, #77 Pop, 1979)
Garth Brooks - If Tomorrow Never Comes (#1 Country, 1989) (On Amazon)
John Stewart - Gold (#5, 1979)
John Valenti - Anything You Want  (#37 Pop, #10 R&B, 1976)
Michelle Shocked - Anchorage (#66 Pop, 1988)
Moby Grape - Omaha (#88, 1967)
Neil Sedaka - That's When The Music Takes Me (#27, 1975)
Pake McEntire - Savin' My Love For You  (#3 Country, 1986)
Peter Wolf - Lights Out (#12 Pop, 1984)
P.M. Dawn - Set Adrift On Memory Bliss (#1 Pop, #16 R&B, 1991)
S.O.S. Band - Just Be Good To Me (#55 Pop, #2 R&B, 1983)

Labels:

Add to Technorati Favorites