Wednesday, March 01, 2023

25th Anniversary of My Blog

 March 2023 marks the 25th anniversary of this blog.  My first posts began in March 1998 at the dawn of the blogosphere. Back then my blog was titled Tom Lane's Music Page.  I eventually changed it after a few years. My early posts were mostly lists and quick posts on what was happening in the music world.  Plus many Rock Hall posts.  I'm sure I wasn't the first to blog about the Rock Hall, but I have to be near the top.  Until I started my blog there was a forum on the Rock Hall page where many future Rock Hall watchers hung out.  There were other music forums that I frequented.  Just about all faded out by the 2000's. 
  Up until I joined Blogger in 2005, my blog was on different blogging hosting sites.  All of those shut down which prompted me to join Blogger.  I think my posts got better as the years went on.  I was still heavily posting on the Rock Hall.  I don't do that as much anymore because a new generation of Hall bloggers came along.  And my blog has never solely been about music.  Personal posts, political and whatever else is on my mind occasionally shows up.  But for the most part it is indeed a Music Blog.
  Since 1998 I've never thought once to stop blogging.  I don't post daily, but when I do finish a post, I'm always glad to share it with whoever stops by my page.  
  
  I hope my loyal readers have enjoyed the ride.  Here's to another 25 years. 

Add to Technorati Favorites