Saturday, July 15, 2023

Poll: July 1966 Songs

 July 1966. I'm two years old. The first songs I remember hearing are slowly being implanted into my very young ears.  The British Invasion is still ruling the chars. 

 For this latest poll, 42 songs were picked to vote on.  My own rankings are at the end of each title. Listen to this countdown at popgoldradio.com.


"Paint It, Black", Rolling Stones : 1
"Ain't Too Proud To Beg", Temptations : 2
"Summer In The City", Lovin' Spoonful : 3
"Cool Jerk", Capitols : 4
"Wild Thing", Troggs : 5
"You Don't Have To Say You Love Me", Dusty Springfield : 6
"I Am A Rock", Simon & Garfunkel : 7
"Hungry", Paul Revere & the Raiders : 8
"Barefootin'", Robert Parker : 9
"Paperback Writer", Beatles : 10
"Dirty Water", Standells : 11
"Don't Bring Me Down", Animals : 12
"Double Shot (Of My Baby's Love)", Swingin' Medallions : 13
"I Saw Her Again", Mamas & the Papas : 14
"You Better Run", Young Rascals : 15
"Strangers In The Night", Frank Sinatra : 16
"Hanky Panky", Tommy James & the Shondells : 17
"Little Girl", Syndicate Of Sound : 18
"Sweet Talkin' Guy", Chiffons : 19
"Opus 17 (Don't You Worry 'Bout Me)", 4 Seasons : 20
"Along Comes Mary", Association : 21
"Over Under Sideways Down", Yardbirds : 22
"Did You Ever Have To Make Up Your Mind?", Lovin' Spoonful : 23
"Red Rubber Ball", Cyrkle : 24
"Oh How Happy", Shades Of Blue : 25
"I Want You", Bob Dylan : 26
"Love Letters", Elvis Presley : 27
"Sunny", Bobby Hebb : 28
"See You In September", Happenings : 29
"Sweet Pea", Tommy Roe : 30
"Mother's Little Helper", Rolling Stones : 31
"Please Tell Me Why", Dave Clark Five : 32
"The Pied Piper", Crispian St. Peters : 33
"Lil' Red Riding Hood", Sam the Sham & the Pharoahs : 34
"He", Righteous Brothers : 35
"(I Washed My Hands In) Muddy Water", Johnny Rivers : 36
"Somewhere, My Love", Ray Conniff & the Singers : 37
"The Work Song", Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass : 38
"This Door Swings Both Ways", Herman's Hermits : 39
"They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!", Napoleon XIV : 40
"The Impossible Dream (The Quest)", Jack Jones : 41
"Younger Girl", Critters : 42
Add to Technorati Favorites