Saturday, February 17, 2024

Poll: January 1965 Songs

 January 1965.  I'm 8 months old.  But I count three songs that would turn out to be my favorite songs ever by the artists who recorded them. 

For this latest poll 44 songs were picked to vote on. Listen to this countdown at popgoldradio.com.

"You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'", Righteous Brothers : 1
"My Girl", Temptations : 2
"All Day And All Of The Night", Kinks : 3
"Goin' Out Of My Head", Little Anthony & the Imperials : 4
"I Feel Fine", Beatles : 5
"How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)", Marvin Gaye : 6
"She's Not There", Zombies : 7
"Come See About Me", Supremes : 8
"Amen", Impressions : 9
"Keep Searchin' (We'll Follow The Sun)", Del Shannon : 10
"Hold What You've Got", Joe Tex : 11
"Downtown", Petula Clark : 12
"She's A Woman", Beatles : 13
"I'm Into Something Good", Herman's Hermits : 14
"The Boy From New York City", Ad Libs : 15
"Heart Of Stone", Rolling Stones : 16
"I Go To Pieces", Peter & Gordon : 17
"Mr. Lonely", Bobby Vinton : 18
"The Jerk", Larks : 19
"This Diamond Ring", Gary Lewis & the Playboys : 20
"Time Is On My Side", Rolling Stones : 21
"Any Way You Want It", Dave Clark Five : 22
"Love Potion Number Nine", Searchers : 23
"Mountain Of Love", Johnny Rivers : 24
"Tell Her No", Zombies : 25
"Bye Bye Baby (Baby Goodbye)", Four Seasons : 26
"Shake", Sam Cooke : 27
"Give Him A Great Big Kiss", Shangri-Las : 28
"Sha-La-La", Manfred Mann : 29
"Ringo", Lorne Greene : 30
"Too Many Fish In The Sea", Marvelettes : 31
"Let's Lock The Door (And Throw Away The Key)", Jay & the Americans : 32
"The Name Game", Shirley Ellis : 33
"The Wedding", Julie Rogers : 34
"Leader Of The Laundromat", Detergents : 35
"I'll Be There", Gerry & the Pacemakers : 36
"Dear Heart", Andy Williams : 37
"Whenever A Teenager Cries", Reparata & the Delrons : 38
"Dear Heart", Jack Jones : 39
"It's Alright", Adam Faith & the Roulettes : 40
"Don't Forget I Still Love You", Bobbi Martin : 41
"Thou Shalt Not Steal", Dick & Dee Dee : 42
"Willow Weep For Me", Chad & Jeremy : 43
"My Love, Forgive Me (Amore Scumsami)", Robert Goulet : 44
Add to Technorati Favorites