Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Poll: March 1974 Songs

   March 1974.  Two months away from turning 10 years old.  Living in Germany.  One year away from moving back to the U.S.  American Top 40 playing on the weekends from Armed Forces Radio. 

 For this latest poll 38 songs were picked to vote on. Here are my rankings.  Listen to this countdown at popgoldradio.com

"Mighty Love", Spinners : 1
"Bennie And The Jets", Elton John : 2
"TSOP (The Sound Of Philadelphia)", MFSB featuring the Three Degrees : 3
"Jet", Paul McCartney & Wings : 4
"Dancing Machine", Jackson 5 : 5
"Sunshine On My Shoulders", John Denver : 6
"Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me", Gladys Knight & the Pips : 7
"The Way We Were", Barbra Streisand : 8
"Come And Get Your Love", Redbone : 9
"Jungle Boogie", Kool & the Gang : 10
"Lookin' For A Love", Bobby Womack : 11
"Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)", Aretha Franklin : 12
"Rock On", David Essex : 13
"There Won't Be Anymore", Charlie Rich : 14
"Rock And Roll, Hoochie Koo", Rick Derringer : 15
"Love's Theme", Love Unlimited Orchestra (Barry White) : 16
"Dark Lady", Cher : 17
"Put Your Hands Together", O'Jays : 18
"Spiders And Snakes", Jim Stafford : 19
"Eres Tu (Touch The Wind)", Mocedades : 20
"Let Me Be There", Olivia Newton-John : 21
"Boogie Down", Eddie Kendricks : 22
"You're Sixteen", Ringo Starr : 23
"(I Want To Sing You A) Love Song", Anne Murray : 24
"A Very Special Love Song", Charlie Rich : 25
"I'll Have To Say I Love You In A Song", Jim Croce : 26
"I Love", Tom T. Hall : 27
"Seasons In The Sun", Terry Jacks : 28
"Hooked On A Feeling", Blue Swede : 29
"Trying To Hold On To My Woman", Lamont Dozier : 30
"Star", Stealers Wheel : 31
"Oh My My", Ringo Starr : 32
"Sexy Mama", Moments : 33
"Last Time I Saw Him", Diana Ross : 34
"The Lord's Prayer", Sister Janet Mead : 35
"Keep On Singing", Helen Reddy : 36
"Mockingbird", Carly Simon & James Taylor : 37
"My Sweet Lady", Cliff DeYoung : 38
Add to Technorati Favorites