Thursday, March 09, 2006

Norah Jones' Big Tease

I remember Eric Clapton saying that if he had it his way, he'd just be a guitar player in a band. No lead vocals, no spotlight. Just hang back and play. I get the same feeling watching Norah Jones. Her shy stage persona seals it. And on her side project, Little Willies, I'm more convinced than ever by my observations. The best songs on this 3 day recorded album all feature Jones, either singing lead or duetting with the dull Richard Julian. Yeah, Julian, a New York singer-songwriter who has 4 CD's to his credit, is damn dull. Jones gets off a great cover with Elvis' "Love Me". The rest of the album sounds like the side project that it is. Do I prefer Jones in front or behind the band. I'll take her in front. Unless she gets better bandmates.
Add to Technorati Favorites