Friday, May 19, 2006

Melanie As Classic Rock Artist

I like XM's Deep Tracks and Sirius' The Vault . I think XM's show digs deeper in to the vaults. And both don't just play old tracks. You'll hear recent album tracks. But you're not likely to hear most of this stuff on your local classic rock station. And that includes Melanie's "Lay Down (Candles In The Rain)" a 1970 #6 charter. I've always liked Melanie, but is that song a classic rock one. I heard it on XM, and am still debating. I think folk/gospel is a stretch for that format. What is Rock and not has always been in the back of my mind. When Rick Springfield was charting in the 80's, my rock station played some of his hits. But you'd never hear him on classic rock today. But then, if it's good enough for Melanie, why not "Love Somebody".
Add to Technorati Favorites