Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Another Top Album List (Insert Yawn Here)

Time Magazine's The All-TIME 100 Albums is a typically boring list. Very, very few surprises. You can find lists like these in Rolling Stone magazine. I have nothing against remembering the great musical landmarks that the Itunes nation can take for granted. The art of listening to albums is no longer the same. The Ipod world has little time to hear albums the way I used to. So, these types of lists might get a few more people to consider purchasing a CD or downloading a, gulp, whole album. But for me, I want to see a list of the the Top 100 albums that you never see on a list of the Top 100 albums. If I had more time I'd compile it myself. But couldn't one of these music magazines or websites do it for us?
Add to Technorati Favorites