Friday, June 08, 2007

How Do You Upgrade?

After being out of circulation for years, the first two Traveling Wilbury's CD's are being released next Tuesday. But, for now, not individually, but as a double CD. And at full price at that. What do you get if you upgrade your former CD's? A few unreleased tracks and a DVD. The first Wilbury's was a moment in time. The second was a sequel. Not as good. And missing Roy Orbison. So, I don't know if I'll upgrade. This is a problem with a lot of music fan's. Today, labels recycle their biggest selling catalog titles daily. When to upgrade is a big problem for me. Some of my CD's from the 80's still sound good and some flat. I recently bought the remastered Silk Degrees because the 80's version was flat. One only has so much to spend, so buying your initial catalog for the second time can induce headache's. Rhino will eventually split the two Wilbury's and sell them separately. I only want the first one. Maybe I'll wait. Maybe not.
Add to Technorati Favorites