Tuesday, February 05, 2008

R.I.P. Rocky

My Dad passed away today. Besides passing along his love of sports, he also passed along his love of music. Especially Elvis, Country music and pop singers like Tom Jones. I absorbed all of it. In the early 70's my Dad bought a handful of albums by those singers and Country ones and for years they were the only albums I heard. My interest in music was piqued. By 1974 at the age of 10, I had become hooked on AM Pop music. But even though he never knew it, my Dad helped propel my lifelong love affair with music. As my record collection grew my Dad often looked in awe at the burgeoning shelves of CD's or vinyl. I never got the chance to tell him, but I am now. So, thanks Dad for all you gave me. Go Rest High on That Mountain.

Love,
Tom
Add to Technorati Favorites