Sunday, December 14, 2008

These Didn't Make It Pt.1

I'm just about ready to unveil my Top 10 year end lists, this is a combo list of my Nashville Scene ballot and Village Voice one, but to get to 10 I had to a lot of pruning. I did hear more than 10 good records this year, so getting it down to that number was a chore. Here are the names of some artists that released records in 2008 (even 2007) that are outside my Top 10.

John Mellencamp, Coldplay, Drive By Truckers, Hold Steady, Adele, Shelby Lynne, Otis Taylor, Daft Punk (07), Burial (07), Paul Thorn, Old 97's, Larry McMurtry, Gnarls Barkley, B52's, Willie Nelson/Wynton Marsalis, Rhymefest, Dr. Dog, Todd Snider, Portishead, Neil Diamond, Lucinda Williams, Paul McCartney (the Fireman), Chris Knight, Sugarland, Randy Travis, Lee Ann Womack, Kathy Mattea, Delaney & Vincent, TV On The Radio, BB King, Kasey Chambers & Shane Nicholson and Jamey Johnson. I'm sure there are more.
Add to Technorati Favorites