Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Digging Up Pazz & Jop Names

One thing I do every year the Pazz & Jop results are posted is check out the ballot section. A lot to go through, but I usually always look for familiar names first. Sadly, 2008 brought no Nelson George ballot. But I did see J.D. Considine, Rob Sheffield, Jeff Tamarkin, Chuck Eddy and a few others who can now all be called veteran critics. And Amy Linden. I've had a soft spot for her ever since she wrote the liner notes to some Rhino KC & The Sunshine Band reissues in the 90's. Her ballot is always R&B influenced. It's also cool to see who else voted for the same album you did. So, here's to you Carol Cooper, we both thought the Darius Rucker single was pretty good (even though I foolishly forgot to include it on my Nashville Scene ballot).
Add to Technorati Favorites