Sunday, February 22, 2009

Artist Only XM Stations

Add Paul McCartney to XM's artist only channels. Limited time, I'm guessing. To be honest, of the ones they have the only one I go back to often is the Elvis one. But then he's my guy. Anyway the McCartney is good, they play rarities and album cuts. No Beatles songs with McCartney singing, though. A lot of stuff no terrestrial radio station would handle. An Internet station would, but you'll have to look for it. Well, this one's been on the air awhile Beatlesarama. And my local College Station plays all Beatles/Solo for 3 hours every morning. My point is that all artists with a huge catalog should have an internet radio station devoted to them. Stupid idea? If you're a fan of Elton John, Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, B.B. King, etc., you might not listen to it all day, but you'd bookmark it and maybe tell your friends. Isn't that what can keep the music business going. Listen and buy.
Add to Technorati Favorites