Monday, March 30, 2009

Music Critic's Who Make Albums

Eric Brace is the lead singer of Last Train Home, but for 10 years he was a music writer for the Washington Post. Peter Cooper, well that name should be familiar with anyone who reads about Country music. I've seen his stuff in No Depression and other things. Last year Cooper released his first album and it was damn good. Lots of Gram Parsons, Rodney Crowell and John Prine type of stuff. Now both have teamed up for You Don't Have To Like Them Both (Red Beet), and it too is damn good. Country duet albums. Those were the days, which is one reason I like this. Americana, Country and shades of the Everly's, which means I'll have to make room for it on my year end lists, especially since I foolishly left out Cooper's album last year.
Add to Technorati Favorites