Sunday, May 10, 2009

Supersizing Singles Acts

So what happens when singles oriented acts get a bigger compilation than they need. This is something I pondered while staring at the double disco Anthology on Sweet (Shout). This was definitely a singles band, and my previous single comp on them was more than enough. But I found myself still interested in them even as disc 2 came to an end. But there's a catch. The glam they are know for disappears early on disc 2, and Sweet become just another rock band of the late 70's. But because they've always known how to write hooky songs, somehow they got out of it in good standing.
No, if you like Sweet or, say the Romantics who are another singles act, a 1 disc comp is more than enough. This is for the hardcore fan and the curious critic. Like me.
Add to Technorati Favorites