Monday, August 10, 2009

Rap Rock Hall Nominees

A recent discussion at Future Rock Legends about what Rap artists will or should get inducted into the Rock Hall had me thinking of who I would support and or not.
Very quick top-of-the-head yes or no's from names I saw mentioned:

Yes - Beastie Boys, Ice T, LL Cool J, Jay Z, Public Enemy , NWA (includes Ice Cube and Dr. Dre), 2Pac, Outkast, Kanye West, Salt-n-Pepa

No- Eminem, Puff Daddy, Notorious B.I.G. , Treacherous 3, Eric B. & Rakim, Afrika Bambaataa, Queen Latifah, Nas, Slick Rick , Snoop Dogg

Some of these are never going to get nominated: Slick Rick , Treacherous 3 (that includes Kool Moe Dee solo), Rakim, Nas, Big Daddy Kane, Puff Daddy, Queen Latifah

Others like Eminem or B.I.G. have a better chance.

I'm surprised no one mentions LL Cool J much with the Rock Hall. He had a great run of singles, a couple of classic albums.

I should point out that Russell Simmons and Rick Rubin are easy choices for their label Def Jam.
Add to Technorati Favorites