Monday, December 27, 2010

Top Albums of 2010

As usual, I know I've missed many records released this year. It could take years to catch up on things. But this is a good representation of CD's I like in 2010. And what I turned into the Village Voice for my Pazz & Jop ballot.

Below my Top 10 are my Honorable Mentions:

1. Janelle Monae - ArchAndroid
2. Black Keys - Brothers
3. Arcade Fire - Suburbs
4. Elizabeth Cook - Welder
5. Cee-Lo Green - Lady Killer
6. Tom Jones - Praise & Blame
7. Merle Haggard -I Am What I Am
8. Aloe Blacc - Good Things
9. Robyn - Body Talk
10. National - High Violet

Honorable Mentions
Christian Scott - Yesterday You Said Today
Jamey Johnson - Guitar Song
Drive By Truckers - Big To-Do
Vampire Weekend -Contra
LCD Soundsystem - This Is Happening
Sleigh Bells -Treats
Yeasayer -Odd Blood
Johnny Cash - American VI
Hold Steady -Heaven Is Whenever
Broken Bells - s/t
Spoon -Transference
Keith Jarrett/Charlie Haden - Jasmine
Roots -How I Got Over
Elton John/Leon Russell - Union
Alejandro Escovedo - Street Songs of Love
Kings Go Forth -Outsiders Are Back
Findlay Brown -Love Will Find You
Mavis Staples - You Are Not Alone
Belle & Sebastian -Write About Love
Gaslight Anthem -American Slang
Antony & The Johnsons -Swanlights
Everybody Was In The French Reisitance - Fixin' The Charts Vol. 1
Girls Talk - All Night
Keith Urban - Get Closer
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Liz Phair - Funstyle
John Mellencamp - No Better Than This
Richard Thompson - Dream Attic
Bruno Mars - Doo Wops & Hooligans
El DeBarge - Second Chance
Texas Tornados -Esta Bueno
Willie Nelson - Country Music
Fitz & The Tamptrums - Pickin' Up The Pieces
Old 97's - Grand Theatre Vol. 1
Jenny & Johnny - I'm Having Fun Now
Add to Technorati Favorites