Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Follow the Leader

Hey RC -how much would it take for you to review the new albums from the following artists-  Robbie Robertson, The Cars, The Feelies, Foo Fighters, Mike Watt, Glasvegas,The Strokes,REM- come on ,how much? Another scotch/rocks ,please. thanx.thanx


That was a post I saw at music Critic Robert Christgau's Expert Witness page, where he reviews 2 records a week graded A+ to B+, but nothing less than the latter grade.  Christgau is one of the older critic's whose books and columns I've read for ages, much like Dave Marsh or Greil Marcus.  They were some of the first Rock Critics.  But I don't agree with all of their favorites.  I'll follow their suggestions, listen to albums they recommend, but I form my own opinion.
The above post is one of many that I've seen at Christgau's site.  In other words, unless he recommends the album, then it can't be that good.

Use your own ears.  Follow others suggestions but if it doesn't hit you, then don't be afraid to dissent.
Add to Technorati Favorites