Saturday, November 05, 2011

Weird Al

I know there's people who think Weird Al Yankovic should be in the Rock Hall, but I don't think it will ever happen.  If the Rock Hall was serious about Comedy acts, they would have put in Spike Jones as an Early Influence.

But even Weird Al doesn't think he has a chance.
Below he answered a question from a local newspaper, where Al is giving a concert, about the Rock Hall and the Hollywood Walk of Fame (where he also hasn't been honored)

(Laughs) Well, it's not up to me.  They're probably both long shots.  The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is probably a longer shot because there's only a small handful of people that get in every year.  And regardless, I think they would have such an uproar if I get in that they would preemptively have to think twice.  Obviously, I would be honored.  Being a realist, I don't ever think it's going to happen.
Add to Technorati Favorites