Tuesday, February 28, 2012

A Curious Conspiracy?

I'm not a big conspiracy buff, but I noticed I got UnFriended on Facebook by Rock Hall Publicity person Todd Mesek and Robert Burke Warren at around the same time.   Warren is the one that  posted on Facebook that the  Crickets, Comets & Midnighters were to be inducted.  He was writing the bio's  for the induction book on those 3 acts.   In other words, the perfect source.

Maybe they both just didn't like me, or like my "How I Scooped the Rock Hall" article that I posted on this blog. Maybe Mr. Mesek got his feeling's hurt.  Although I was very nice to him (now I believe too nice) in that article.   But the timing of it is so peculiar.

Mr. Mesek is the smooth-talking Pub guy who told me that the 3 acts that Warren said are going in might not be inducted at all this year, so I should pull my post.  I knew he was full of it, and Warren backed up my follow-up posts about their eventual induction.

My blog post about the 3 acts getting inducted was up at my site for only a few hours.  But I did not pull the post because I thought I was going to get free goodies from the Hall, or that I bought Mesek's B.S. about how those acts might not even be inducted or because I thought I was wrong.  No I pulled it as a favor to the Rock Hall.  In other words, let them make their announcement first, and then I would explain my role second. But now I believe that was all a mistake.  I think being a nice guy backfired this time.  

I'm kind of sad that Warren has unFriended me.  Maybe he read my blog post, and also didn't like what he read.  My recent email's to him have gone unanswered as well.  Guess he's blacklisted me, or something.   That's unfortunate.  But he was the one who posted it.  So why blame me.  I wasn't the only one who read that post, because  it was up for most of the morning and early afternoon.

Mesek is another story, and here's why.                                                                                                          He said if I pulled my story, he would offer Induction Ceremony tickets. But after the Hall made their official announcement, all he had for me was mugs, t-shirts and tickets to the Hall, but no induction ones.  I turned it all down, but what he Hell, I might have gone for the Induction tickets.  But a mug or t-shirt, huh?  Yeah, um, whatever.  


So, I thought I was being very cordial to Mesek & Co.
But now I feel duped.
And I should have stuck to my original story that was backed up by Warren.

Mr. Mesek should know that if not me, than others, will continue to find ways to scoop the Hall, and continue to criticize its millions of shortcomings.
There are many more Tom Lane's out there.
Add to Technorati Favorites