Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Blogging

A Facebook friend recently began blogging again after giving it a rest.  The reason?  He couldn't think of anything to write blog about.  It was easier to post on Facebook or Twitter than to sit in front of his computer and write something.
This is all too true for many bloggers.  It sounds easy.  Pick a subject and start writing.  But even after 7 years of being on Blogger, and many more on my website, writer's block can be common even to those of us who only write a few paragraphs every other day.

There are many topics to write about, but putting a new spin on them is the problem.  I now know what authors  go through when they talk about writer's block.

But I keep going.  Some things provide plenty of columns.  The Rock Hall is the big one.  Other things seem like good subjects, and then I discard them.  I can tell you that I don't spend a lot of time staring at the computer waiting for an idea to pop up.  When they come, they come.
Add to Technorati Favorites