Friday, December 07, 2012

Going to the Movies

Yep, it's a traumatic experience.  At least for me.  Skyfall, a good Bond movie, was the first time I've been to a theater in about a year.
The first thing we do is sit down, in front of a couple of teenager.  One of them starts hitting the back of my seat with his foot.  Told him to stop, he did, but by then I made up my mine to move over a couple of seats.  Problem solved.

Then there's the constant chattering, which has only gotten worse in the last 20 years, with the invention of DVD's and Home systems.  People think they are home watching a movie, and have the right to talk for 2 hours.

I'm not saying I'll never go to another movie, just that going to them is not as fun anymore.  And they are pricey.  Matinees are just about $7 bucks.  Throw in popcorn and a drink and the price adds up, especially for those with lots of kids.

Going to movies used to be a fun experience.  And I admit I still got a thrill seeing things on a big screen.  But  with movies coming out on DVD after only being in the theater for a few months, I will continue to pick and choose when to go out for one.  Once or twice a year sounds good for now.
Add to Technorati Favorites