Sunday, December 30, 2012

Music Writing Gone AWOL?

http://www.npr.org/blogs/bestmusic2012/2012/12/26/168097407/what-happened-to-music-writing-this-year?sc=tw&cc=twmp

The above link asks the question I hear a lot about in these Internet times:  What happened to Music Writing?

And with print magazine's barely hanging on (at least U.S. ones), where do you go to read about stuff that isn't fluff items.
The U.K. still has Mojo and Uncut for good articles.  Rolling Stone sometimes runs a good profile.  But I find most of my articles online.  But where?  Usually through Facebook and Twitter postings.  In fact, I think mostly through them.

The online music world of posting is so vast that it's almost as impossible to find good stuff.  My suggestion is  find things through Twitter and Facebook, and not so much through a Google search.

Even then you'll have a hard time keeping up.
Add to Technorati Favorites