Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Music Hoarding

Music Hoarding: NPR

Well, I can tell you that even with a huge selection of Vinyl I never considered myself over-indulgent when it came to buying records.

The same goes for CD's.
But thanks to the magical world of streaming, I've been able to hear before I buy, which is helping my pocketbook from taking chances on CD's I would have no use for.

Like this article says, there are records buried in my collection that I haven't looked at in years.  Some are just there to round out artist catalogs, some are from one-hit wonders whose albums are good (why get rid of 'em) and some are nostalgia pieces, because that's what music does best: bring back memories.

I've only had to move once with my collection and yes, it was a pain.
I pity those who live in apartments and move a lot.
Digital is saving those folks.  But I still like music to be physical, which is why I rarely purchase anything other than lone tracks from Itunes.




Add to Technorati Favorites