Saturday, March 15, 2014

Mom

My Dad passed away in 2008.  He taught me a lot about life through his years in the Military.  How to handle tough situations.  That's what Dad's are all about.
My Mom passed away on March 14th this year.  Mom's are different.  They are the ones you fall back on when you are having a rough time.  They give you a smile, a hug and a kiss and you feel like all your burdens are lifted.

My own Mom was like this.  As the year's went by and her health worsened, the fragility of life began to show in her face.  Always a proud German, she never liked to complain about anything that was bothering her.  She was more concerned with what was bothering her own family. She passed at the age of 84.  But while her body became more fragile, she was still strong mentally.  Some people have told me she lived a good, long life.  But I still say she was too young to die.  She had so much more to live for.

This is what you miss when your parents die.  While they are alive you always have that comfort of a parent to fall back on.
Now I'm not truly on my own.  A wonderful wife, son, niece and many relatives.  But my parents are gone.  And for the first time that comforting shadow is no longer there.  But they are always in my heart.  Every day.
Add to Technorati Favorites