Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Mom 3 Years Later

My Mom passed away on March 14th, 2014.  Mom's are special. They are the ones you fall back on when you are having a rough time.  They give you a smile, a hug and a kiss and you feel like all your burdens are lifted.

My own Mom was like this.  As the year's went by and her health worsened, the fragility of life began to show in her face.  Always a proud German, she never liked to complain about anything that was bothering her.  She was more concerned with what was bothering her own family. She passed at the age of 84.  But while her body weakened, she was still strong mentally.  Some people have told me she lived a good, long life. And she's reunited with my Dad, who death she never recovered from. But I still say she was too young to die.

This is what you miss when your parents die.  While they are alive you always have that comfort of a parent to fall back on.
Now I'm not truly on my own.  A wonderful wife, son, and many relatives.  But my parents are gone. And it doesn't matter how many years have passed, that comforting shadow is no longer there.  But they are always in my heart.  Every day.
Add to Technorati Favorites