Friday, September 13, 2019

RIP Eddie Money

When I think of acts like Eddie Money, I think of similar ones like Rick Springfield, Richard Marx, Pat Benatar, KC & The Sunshine Band.  These artists had just enough hits that they could tour off of for the rest of their life.  But none of those names I mentioned are headlining tours anymore like a Rod Stewart or even Bryan Adams (outside of the U.S. for Adams).

But that's okay.  They've made a good living touring.  And those old hits keep getting radio spins.
In Eddie Money's case he had a handful of hits that still get played on AOR, Retro 70's/80's and Adult Contemporary channels.  He even hung in there long enough to get a reality show (Real Money, which started in 2018).  And in 2016 a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame! 

On a more personal note, Money died of Esophageal cancer at age 70,  which is the same cancer that took my Dad's like at age 74.  It's a cancer that doesn't get talked about much, but should be.  Only 20% survive 5 years after being diagnosed with it. 

On a brighter note, Eddie Money does leave behind some good to great songs.  His peak years were from 78-91.

Two Tickets To Paradise 
Baby Hold On
Can't Keep A Good Man Down
Take Me Home Tonight
Shakin'
Think I'm In Love
Walk On Water
I Wanna Go Back
Peace In Our Time
Gimme Some Water
Maybe I’m A Fool
Add to Technorati Favorites