Saturday, January 09, 2021

An Album/Song A Week: "Daydream Believer" - Monkees

Right behind "Eight Days A Week" as the first song I remember hearing is "Daydream Believer" by the Monkees.  Again, my sister's small record collection had something to do with this.  She had the .45 of "Daydream Believer" and played it often when it came out in late '67.  The Monkees had an appeal to youngsters the same way the Beatles did.  Their early songs were catchy, easy to sing along with, and the youthful energy that came across from their TV show was inescapable.

My sister's .45 of this song was always one of the most beat up/scratched of the singles she had in her tiny collection.  I was always fascinated by it.  Tried playing it on my own turntable years later and it was so hissy that I couldn't finish it.  Even today when I hear the song, my first reaction is that initial beat up sound of the .45. 
Add to Technorati Favorites