Monday, March 06, 2023

Poll: February 1982 Top Songs

February 1982.  I'm a few months away from graduating from High School. I don't think this was the most sterling month for Top 40 radio.  But there are some memorable hits near the top. 

For this latest poll, 40 songs were picked to vote on. 

My own rankings are at the end of each title. Listen to this countdown at popgoldradio.com.

"Centerfold", J. Geils Band : 8
"I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)", Daryl Hall & John Oates : 1
"Waiting For A Girl Like You", Foreigner : 6
"Harden My Heart", Quarterflash : 7
"Turn Your Love Around", George Benson : 11
"Leather And Lace", Stevie Nicks with Don Henley : 4
"Physical", Olivia Newton-John : 5
"The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)", Juice Newton : 27
"Shake It Up", Cars : 18
"Hooked On Classics", Royal Philharmonic Orchestra : 33
"Cool Night", Paul Davis : 9
"Sweet Dreams", Air Supply : 35
"Waiting On A Friend", Rolling Stones : 10
"Leader Of The Band", Dan Fogelberg : 17
"Open Arms", Journey : 12
"Take It Easy On Me", Little River Band : 28
"Let's Groove", Earth, Wind & Fire : 2
"Come Go With Me", Beach Boys : 38
"You Could Have Been With Me", Sheena Easton : 32
"Comin' In And Out Of Your Life", Barbra Streisand : 34
"Through The Years", Kenny Rogers : 25
"Mirror, Mirror", Diana Ross : 31
"Love Is Alright Tonite", Rick Springfield : 23
"That Girl", Stevie Wonder : 14
"Love In The First Degree", Alabama : 13
"I Love Rock 'N Roll", Joan Jett & the Blackhearts : 3
"Spirits In The Material World", Police : 20
"Pac-Man Fever", Buckner & Garcia : 30
"We Got The Beat", Go-Go's : 21
"Key Largo", Bertie Higgins : 24
"Someone Could Lose A Heart Tonight", Eddie Rabbitt : 29
"Private Eyes", Daryl Hall & John Oates : 15
"Why Do Fools Fall In Love", Diana Ross : 37
"I Wouldn't Have Missed It For The World", Ronnie Milsap : 26
"Here I Am (Just When I Thought I Was Over You)", Air Supply : 39
"She's Got A Way", Billy Joel : 19
"Call Me", Skyy : 22
"My Guy", Sister Sledge : 40
"Daddy's Home", Cliff Richard : 36
"Trouble", Lindsey Buckingham : 16
Add to Technorati Favorites