Sunday, May 05, 2024

Reaching Age 60

   Looking at past posts I thought for sure there was something written when my 40th and 50th birthdays came along.  But nothing showed up.  This surprised me.  Turning 40 seemed more significant than any other birthday up to that point.  That is the age when a man has shaken off his "younger days" and maturation supposedly settles in.  Ten years later 50 was just a birthday that told me I had made it to middle age.  Now comes 60 and honestly I don't feel any different than I did 10 or 20 years ago.  Maybe I look older?  But inside I feel 20 years younger.   My Dad died when he was 74.  That was too young I felt at the time.  Many public figures are living into their 80's, even 90's still healthy and full of life.  I'd like to get there too.  

  I have no intention of crying about getting older.  However, the memories of years past are starting to affect my way of living like never before.  By the year 2018 I had lost my Dad, Mom and Sister.  All within ten years.   My wife and son are still with me and that has lessened whatever sadness I feel when thinking about my parents and sister.  

  One final thing I should reveal that has proven to be true.  The days are going by faster as I get older.  So, regardless of age, love every minute you can with family and friends.  We were not made to live forever, but when your final moments do occur, at least you will have known your life meant something to someone. 
Add to Technorati Favorites