Thursday, June 06, 2024

Poll: May 1986 Songs

  I turned 22 in May 1986.  As I'm writing this that was 38 years ago.  No, it doesn't seem that long ago.  I still hear many of these across Sirius' various channels that play 80's music.  

  For this latest poll 34 songs were picked to vote on. Here are my rankings.  Listen to this countdown at popgoldradio.com

"West End Girls", Pet Shop Boys : 1
"Kiss", Prince & the Revolution : 2
"Manic Monday", Bangles : 3
"Live To Tell", Madonna : 4
"I Can't Wait", Nu Shooz : 5
"Something About You", Level 42 : 6
"Saturday Love", Cherelle with Alexander O'Neal : 7
"On My Own", Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald : 8
"Addicted To Love", Robert Palmer : 9
"What Have You Done For Me Lately", Janet Jackson : 10
"What You Need", INXS : 11
"Let's Go All The Way", Sly Fox : 12
"Take Me Home", Phil Collins : 13
"If You Leave", Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark : 14
"(I Don't Wanna Lose) Your Love (Tonight)", Outfield : 15
"Never As Good As The First Time", Sade : 16
"A Different Corner", George Michael : 17
"I Have Learned To Respect The Power Of Love", Stephanie Mills : 18
"Rock Me Amadeus", Falco : 19
"All I Need Is A Miracle", Mike + the Mechanics : 20
"Nothin' At All", Heart : 21
"There'll Be Sad Songs (To Make You Cry)", Billy Ocean : 22
"Secret Lovers", Atlantic Starr : 23
"A Little Bit Of Love (Is All It Takes)", New Edition : 24
"No One Is To Blame", Howard Jones : 25
"Be Good To Yourself", Journey : 26
"Crush On You", Jets : 27
"Why Can't This Be Love", Van Halen : 28
"American Storm", Bob Seger & the Silver Bullet Band : 29
"Greatest Love Of All", Whitney Houston : 30
"Is It Love", Mr. Mister : 31
"Bad Boy", Miami Sound Machine : 32
"Harlem Shuffle", Rolling Stones : 33
"Move Away", Culture Club : 34 
Add to Technorati Favorites