Friday, July 12, 2024

Poll: June 1972 Songs

  June 1972.  I'm eight years old.  My second year living in Mannheim, Germany.  As my Dad was stationed in the last years of his Army service.

  As far as music is concerned.  I'm just starting to get hooked on American Top 40.  But not as much as I would later on.  Still, I knew the big hits of the day. 

    For this latest poll 37 songs were picked to vote on. Here are my rankings.  Listen to this countdown at popgoldradio.com


"Layla", Derek & the Dominos : 1
"Lean On Me", Bill Withers : 2
"I'll Take You There", Staple Singers : 3
"I Saw The Light", Todd Rundgren : 4
"Rocket Man", Elton John : 5
"Take It Easy", Eagles : 6
"Oh Girl", Chi-Lites : 7
"Tumbling Dice", Rolling Stones : 8
"Look What You Done For Me", Al Green : 9
"I Gotcha", Joe Tex : 10
"The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face", Roberta Flack : 11
"(Last Night) I Didn't Get To Sleep At All", 5th Dimension : 12
"(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right", Luther Ingram : 13
"Too Late To Turn Back Now", Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose : 14
"It's Going To Take Some Time", Carpenters : 15
"Morning Has Broken", Cat Stevens : 16
"Hot Rod Lincoln", Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen : 17
"Diary", Bread : 18
"Song Sung Blue", Neil Diamond : 19
"Wallkin' In The Rain With The One I Love", Love Unlimited : 20
"The Candy Man", Sammy Davis, Jr. : 21
"Slippin' Into Darkness", War : 22
"Ask Me What You Want", Millie Jackson : 23
"I Wanna Be Where You Are", Michael Jackson : 24
"Day By Day", Godspell : 25
"I Need You", America : 26
"Troglodyte (Caveman)", Jimmy Castor Bunch : 27
"Outa-Space", Billy Preston : 28
"Sylvia's Mother", Dr. Hook & the Medicine Show : 29
"Nice To Be With You", Gallery : 30
"Taxi", Harry Chapin : 31
"Daddy Don't You Walk So Fast", Wayne Newton : 32
"Little Bitty Pretty One", Jackson 5 : 33
"Isn't Life Strange", Moody Blues : 34
"How Can I Be Sure", David Cassidy : 35
"Too Young", Donny Osmond : 36
"Amazing Grace", Pipes, Drums, Military Band of the Royal Scots Dragoon Guards : 37


Add to Technorati Favorites