Poll: September 1972 Songs
In September 1972 I was 8 years old and living in Mannheim, Germany, where my Dad was an Army CSM. I'm not quite infatuated with AT40, but I heard the countdown on Armed Forces Radio.
"Burning Love", Elvis Presley : 1
"Back Stabbers", O'Jays : 2
"Go All The Way", Raspberries : 3
"Garden Party", Rick Nelson & the Stone Canyon Band : 4
"Freddie's Dead (Theme From Superfly)", Curtis Mayfield : 5
"Nights In White Satin", Moody Blues : 6
"Everybody Plays The Fool", Main Ingredient : 7
"Alone Again (Naturally)", Gilbert O'Sullivan : 8
"Long Cool Woman (In A Black Dress)", Hollies : 9
"Saturday In The Park", Chicago : 10
"Use Me", Bill Withers : 11
"Get On The Good Foot", James Brown : 12
"(If Loving You Is Wrong) I Don't Want To Be Right", Luther Ingram : 13
"Brandy (You're A Fine Girl)", Looking Glass : 14
"You Don't Mess Around With Jim", Jim Croce : 15
"I'm Still In Love With You", Al Green : 16
"Power Of Love", Joe Simon : 17
"The Guitar Man", Bread : 18
"Hold Your Head Up", Argent : 19
"Goodbye To Love", Carpenters : 20
"Baby Don't Get Hooked On Me", Mac Davis : 21
"Honky Cat", Elton John : 22
"Run To Me", Bee Gees : 23
"Play Me", Neil Diamond : 24
"Rock And Roll, Part 2", Gary Glitter : 25
"Coconut", Nilsson : 26
"Beautiful Sunday", Daniel Boone : 27
"Join Together", Who : 28
"Black And White", Three Dog Night : 29
"Ben", Michael Jackson : 30
"Lookin' Through The Windows", Jackson 5 : 31
"Speak To The Sky", Rick Springfield : 32
"Popcorn", Hot Butter : 33
"The Happiest Girl In The Whole U.S.A.", Donna Fargo : 34
"Motorcycle Mama", Sailcat : 35
"My Ding-A-Ling", Chuck Berry : 36
"Sealed With A Kiss", Bobby Vinton : 37


<< Home