Sunday, December 17, 2006

Finally Found An Xmas Add

My AMG All Music Guide search tells me that there are 946 versions of
"It Came Upon A Midnight Clear", and countless others where it's paired as a medley. But my own Greatest Christmas Songs is missing the song. "Clear" is one of those kinda Xmas classics. You wouldn't rank it in the top tier, but it's in the middle. I revisited the song this year thanks to a new version that got a lot of AC play by Hall & Oates. They have a new Xmas album, Home For Christmas, which is okay but nothing classic. This ain't no Philly Soul Christmas, unfortunately. And it's too laid back for their own good. Their version of "Clear" is quite good actually. Very warm and comforting. But I can see why it's been a middle tier standard. The lyrics aren't simple and they are often weary. So, the song fits in perfectly with today's world.
Add to Technorati Favorites