Friday, May 25, 2007

Billboard or Itunes?

I've been a Billboard subscriber since 1977, but each year I waver as to whether to renew. It's not that I don't enjoy the magazine, but most of its article's can now be found at their website, and its charts are easily found. In fact ®R&R - Radio & Records, Inc. has tons of charts to access and mirrors the Billboard ones. Well, one other thing that's been bugging me is how infrequent the magazine arrives. Customer service for such a highly paid subscription is not a Billboard option. But my biggest reason to not renew would have to do with the charts. Just whose chart is more reflective of the public interest: Billboard's Top 100 or Itunes Top 100. Critic's say Billboard because it reflects airplay and Itunes only sales. But whenever I watch a video countdown or listen to CHR stations, things seem out of whack. As a snapshot to what the kid's like, go with Itunes. Billboard's Top 100 seems behind the times.
Add to Technorati Favorites