Saturday, June 09, 2007

All Day All The Time

If labels can be blamed for lagging behind the download revolution, what about artists? I'm not just talking about the ones who won't give up their catalog to Itunes. As I've stated before, any act that won't shouldn't complain when their stuff is cribbed for free from the Internet. My favorite AOL stations are the ones that play 24 hours of the same music by the same artist. I've heard all Yes, James, Taylor, Rod Stewart, Luther Vandross, etc. But I can never figure out why the artist's themselves don't do this. When you go to their website, there should be a player that streams their catalog. Why the hell not? What a great promotional tool for their back catalog. It's 2007 why can't the industry (labels and artists) step up to the times.
Add to Technorati Favorites