Monday, August 06, 2007

Legendary Prices

Here in my neck of the woods we have 3 concert theatres and one mini-stadium in 3 cities. But these aren't big theatres, in fact 3 of them hold 1000 or less and the stadium 10,000. But the latter is a rodeo one and rarely gets booked, leaving the other 3 for booking. Acts do come to town, but rarely do I go. I prefer our annual Blues Festival. I like the prices and the options of moving around the grounds seeing who I want. But when someone does come to town, it's usually at a price. People around the country are going to concerts. But I wonder how often and where they get the money to see big name acts. If you live in a medium sized market you must be like me and pay through the roof. In October B.B. King is coming. This caught my eye. King is getting up there and who knows if he'll be this close to my town again. But then I saw the prices and that was it. The lowest ticket was $85. No opening act, just B.B. for $85. Yes, the smaller the venue the higher you'll pay for big names. But this is why I rarely go to concerts. And when B.B. passes through, I'll wonder how anyone else does too.
Add to Technorati Favorites